Deworming is the most common medical procedure that is essential for your pet. It reduces parasites – internal and external – and keeps your pet healthier and happier. Parasites can lead to irritation and cause life-threatening illness if untreated. These parasitic infections can also travel to human family members which is why deworming is an important step in keeping your entire family safe and healthy. For more information about our deworming services, please call us at 905-827-4100.
How often should pets be dewormed?
All canine and feline friends should be dewormed at least twice a year. More frequent deworming might be necessary if they live in intensive exposure situations like living with young children or immunocompromised individuals. Consult our veterinarians today to build a deworming schedule for your furry companion.
What preventative measures can I take at home?
Here are some preventive measures to ensure your pet and other family members are protected from parasites:
- Pick up after your pet on walks outside
- Cover sandboxes when not in use
- Regularly clean sandboxes and ensure hygienic surroundings
- Keep your yard and gardens protected
- Clean your hands thoroughly after you pick up your pet’s waste
- Consult your vet for an effective parasite prevention plan